Consumer Protection and Refund Policy
Updated August 23, 2022 (ver.1.5)
Purpose and Scope
The following policy and procedure outlines the consumer protection strategy used by Evergreen ATM LLC, a Nevada Limited Liability Company, operating under the trade name of “GetCoins” (www.getcoins.com) (“GetCoins”) to ensure that potential and current customers have their rights protected in accordance with consumer protection legislation and contractual requirements. This policy and procedure is applicable to all staff and contractors, and potential customers of GetCoins and it meant to be used in conjunction with its Complaint Resolution Procedure and Cyber Security and Privacy Policies.
GetCoins Complaint Resolution Policy
GetCoins strives to ensure that customer’s rights are protected and follows all related legislation and regulatory requirements for the states in which it operates. GetCoins’ policy forbids all deceptive or unconscionable trade practices in the purchase or sale of any virtual currency and/or services it provides. Customers are encouraged to make any suggestions or lodge complaints with GetCoins at the following email address:
Email address – firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon receipt of the complaint, the customer will be provided with a link describing the procedure that will be used.
The GetCoins Consumer Protection Policy includes:
· Ethical and accurate advertising/ marketing; and
· Protection of consumer’s personal information
Ethical and accurate advertising/marketing
GetCoins makes every attempt to ensure that it provides all prospective and current customers with accurate, factual and accessible information about its goods, services and performance. All advertising and marketing material are free of inducements and do not represent, endorse or promote any third party.
Protection of consumer’s personal information
All prospective and current customer personal information is protected in accordance with GetCoins’ Cyber Security and Privacy Policies. The following principles are applied:
· GetCoins only collects personal information for the purposes of transactions between GetCoins and the customer.
· Customers are required to register and provide information in accordance with GetCoins’ “Know Your Customer” (KYC) Policy.
· Information is securely stored and only accessed by GetCoins Staff for the purpose of verification, responding to government requests, and, for government reporting purposes.
· Customers are provided with information on how their information will be collected, used and stored prior to registration.
· GetCoins does not share customer personal information with third parties, except to enable the performance of transactions.
· Customers have a right to correct their personal information.
Refunds under Federal Law
Many businesses allow returns if customers change their minds or receive unwanted items as gifts. While this is considered “best business practices” for many businesses, in most instances they are not legally required to accept returns. Rather, they are required to accept returns only if the sold good is defective or if they otherwise break the sales contract. The purchase and sale of virtual currency is somewhat unique because of the irreversible nature of transactions.
GetCoins Refund Policy
The purchase and sale of virtual currency is somewhat unique because of the irreversible nature of transactions. GetCoins strives to ensure that customer’s rights are protected and follows all related legislation and regulatory requirements for the states in which it operates. In those cases where a transaction takes place in a state where there is no right to cancel contracts or purchase agreements, or no applicable regulation exists, and, whether a customer can receive a refund is dependent on the retailer's return and refund policies, GetCoins provides refunds in, without limitation, the following cases:
1. When a customer has been scammed, and the virtual currency purchased has not been delivered to the scammer.
2. When a customer has (a) cancelled a transaction before it has been completed; or (b) had their digital wallet blacklisted; and, the virtual currency purchased has not been delivered.
3. When a customer is unwilling or unable to provide required identity information, source of funds information or identity verification, sufficient to allow completion of the transaction.
4. When, after thirty (30) days from the date of the transaction, a customer has not provided required identity information, source of funds information or identity verification, sufficient to allow completion of the transaction.
ALL REFUNDS FOR TRANSACTIONS ARE SUBJECT TO (a) AN ADMINISTRATIVE OR OTHER FEE(S)/CHARGE(S), AND, (b) THE GETCOINS CONVERSION SERVICE PROVISIONS (AS DESCRIBED IN THE GETCOINS TERMS OF SERVICE) AND ARE MADE IN BITCOIN AND DELIVERED TO A WALLET ADDRESS THE CUSTOMER PROVIDES, AND WHICH IS DEEMED ACCEPTABLE BY GETCOINS. ADDITIONALLY, IF A CUSTOMER FAILS OR REFUSES TO PROVIDE INFORMATION REQUIRED BY LAW OR REGULATION, OR REQUIRED BY GETCOINS TO ESTABLISH WHO THE CUSTOMER IS OR WHAT THE CUSTOMER’S SOURCE OF FUNDS ARE, THE CUSTOMER WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO COMPLETE THE TRANSACTION – EVEN IF THE CUSTOMER HAS ALREADY PROVIDED PAYMENT. INSTEAD, THE CUSTOMER WILL BE DEEMED “UNCOOPERATIVE” (i.e. the Customers fails or refuses to provide required information and/or documents) AND THE TRANSACTION WILL BE SUSPENDED (I.E. “FROZEN”) UNTIL THE CUSTOMER PROVIDES THE REQUIRED INFORMATION OR DOCUMENTATION. ALL SUCH FROZEN TRANSACTIONS INVOLVING UNCOOPERATIVE CUSTOMERS WILL BE SUBJECT TO “FEES” AND “OTHER FEES /CHARGES” AS DESCRIBED IN MORE DETAIL, BELOW.
In cases where there is not enough information (i.e. a wallet address) to provide a refund, it is the customer’s obligation to contact GetCoins and provide a wallet address. (See “Other Fees/Charges”, below)
Fees: All refunds will have Administrative Fees deducted prior to delivery of the refund in Bitcoin; the Administrative Fee is comprised of a System Fee + a Compliance Fee (if appropriate). All Refunds will be assessed a System Fee equal to the blockchain fees, plus costs associated with the collection of money and bank fees; these are “pass-through” fees, not GetCoins fees; there is no markup or profit for GetCoins. This fee is ten percent (10%) of the transaction amount. All refunds for “Uncooperative” Customers (i.e. Customers that fail or refuse to provide requested KYC information and/or documents) will be assessed (1) a System Fee; plus, (2) a Compliance Fee, equal to ten percent (10%) of the transaction amount.
(1) For those Customers that do not provide required identity information or verification, sufficient to allow completion of the transaction, and, GetCoins is unable to provide a refund because we do not have the right information, or any information, or a lack of sufficient information to mail a check or ACH, there is a monthly charge of the greater of 10% or $75 per month until there is a $0 balance or the customer provides the needed information to receive a check in the mail.
(2) For those “Uncooperative” Customers (i.e. Customers that fail or refuse to provide required information and/or documents), there is a monthly charge of the greater of 10% or $75 per month until there is a $0 balance or until the “Uncooperative” Customer provides the needed information and/or documentation required to complete the transaction.
Wallet Address Provided by Customer: Depending on the circumstances the Customer may be asked to obtain and provide a different wallet address from the one used to conduct the transaction. It is the customer’s obligation to GetCoins with an acceptable wallet address.
Time it takes to get a refund: The purchase and sale of virtual currency is unique and there are a variety of matters to consider. Accordingly, GetCoins will strive to provide refunds (if warranted and sufficient information exists) as soon as possible, consistent with this Policy.
All refunds are to be done in Bitcoin, within 30 days, to the extent possible, except for cases involving “Uncooperative” Customers (i.e. Customers that fail or refuse to provide required information and/or documents), which will be placed on a low priority, and may take as long as 180 days from the date the delayed and required information and/or documents were provided to GetCoins.
Download the GetCoins Wallet
Need a Bitcoin wallet? Download the GetCoins Wallet app! Available on both Apple and Android mobile platforms. Install and setup within minutes.